[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and DVD playback?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Thu Feb 5 16:12:40 EST 2004

Am Do, den 05.02.2004 schrieb Joseph A. Caputo um 18:59:

> > Nothing off world. A 2400+ Athlon with 1GB memory and mencoder
> > (ffmpeg is faster, but doesn't do letterboxing and the PVR expects
> > files to be 4:3).
> >
> > A bit of tweaking and I get ~25fps. That's just the PAL rate, so by
> > the time I arrive at the TV, I have the necessary delay to watch
> > directly.
>
> What's your CPU utilization while doing this?

Hmm, that's strange, is ffmpeg encoding in realtime only? Whatever the
load is, I get 25fps.

ffmpeg -i 24_Season2_Episode1.avi -f mpeg -vcodec mpeg2video -b 2500
-acodec mp2 -ab 256 24_Season02_Episode01.mpg

Is currently running at 60% cpu (2 rsyncs hogging the rest) an
transcodes 25fps. It also does 25fps when it could get 100% cpu. Strange
that.

Wow, mencoder does 100fps. It doesn't transcode to mp2 audio at the
moment, forgot the codec options.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough