[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and DVD playback?

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Thu Feb 5 12:30:54 EST 2004

On Thu, 2004-02-05 at 16:26, Joseph A. Caputo wrote:
> On Thursday 05 February 2004 07:51, Torsten Schenkel wrote:
> > I still use a standalone DVD player for DVD. And my workstation can
> > transcode divX/mp3 to mpeg2/mp2 in realtime :-) so the mythbox can
> > play the mpeg stream from NFS.
>
> Just curious, what are you using (hw & sw) to do this transcoding?

Nothing off world. A 2400+ Athlon with 1GB memory and mencoder (ffmpeg
is faster, but doesn't do letterboxing and the PVR expects files to be
4:3).

A bit of tweaking and I get ~25fps. That's just the PAL rate, so by the
time I arrive at the TV, I have the necessary delay to watch directly.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough