[mythtv-users] Re: Questionable capture quality from a PVR-250

papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu papenfuss at juneau.me.vt.edu
Thu Feb 5 12:05:26 EST 2004

> > 2) I'm going to try connecting a dvd player to the s-video in on my PVR card and capture some video from a dvd - this may help to implicate / mitigate signal problems on my cable input.  Thoughts?
>

> You can do that?  What sort of make/model dvd player do you have?

	Sadly, I've tried that on mine.  I think I tried s-video (don't recall
exactly), but I *know* I did at least composite on the way in.  (Since the
luminance has the same bandwidth on both composite and s-vid, it doesn't matter
anyway).  I saw the same (degraded) quality.

	Bummed to hear winders didn't fix it! Wonder if it is a bummed card?

-Cory

* The prime directive of Linux:  					*
* 	- learn what you don't know, 					*
* 	- teach what you do.						*