[mythtv-users] The return of the $20 80GB hard drive

Harry Orenstein ho_9 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 5 09:56:29 EST 2004

>From: "Jarod C. Wilson" <jcw at wilsonet.com>
>To: Discussion about mythtv <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
>Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] The return of the $20 80GB hard drive
>Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 23:51:47 -0800
>
>On Feb 4, 2004, at 18:22, Harry Orenstein wrote:
>
>>OfficeDepot now has an 80GB 8MB cache
>>7200RPM Maxtor hard drive for $20 AR.  There
>>are 2 $30 rebates and a $20 coupon required.
>>
>>If you always wanted to have that 5 drive
>>RAID array now is your chance (you know
>>who you are!).
>
>But I already have a 7-drive RAID-5 array... (7x120GB). Well, actually, its
>only 5x120 at the moment, but I'm about to redo it to include two more
>drives, because I've almost filled the ~450GB... Just picked up some
>CoolerMaster CoolDrive 2004 kits today to stash them in the 5.25 bays left
>in my server, since all the 3.5s are all filled... But I digress.
>
>>Not sure if it is evident from the OfficeDepot
>>website.  You need to apply coupon code
>>40567109 when checking out.  Just looked
>>and they are currently out of stock, but the
>>offer is good until 2/7.
>>
>>Let the games begin!
>
>I'm going after 250GB drives next. Mmm... 7x250GB...
>
>--
>Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
>
>Got a question? Read this first...
>     http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html
>MythTV, Fedora Core & ATrpms documentation:
>     http://wilsonet.com/mythtv/
><< PGP.sig >>

Jarod, you are a sick, sick individual.  After seeing your Myth
setup in your "Photos of myth boxes" posting and reading this
post about you having 7x120GB drives and your wanting to
upgrade to 7x250GB drives I realize how insignificant my
Athlon 2000+ w/ 1 80GB drive hooked up to my 20 inch Sony
TV is.  There can be only one response to my exposure to this
information: if it would help you out I'd be willing to take those
7 120GB drives off your hand so you don't get in trouble with
the trash collectors (I'm pretty sure they don't like putting
lots of electronic components in landfills).    ;-)

To speed your upgrade I'll even keep a look out for sub $100
250GB drives for you!

-- Harry O.