[mythtv-users] PVR-350 and DVD playback?

J. Donavan Stanley jdonavan at jdonavan.net
Thu Feb 5 05:22:50 EST 2004

*sigh*  This comes up waaaaaaaaaaay too much.

The PVR350 can be used to playback MPEG2 content to the TV.  Yes this
included DVDs.  However you must use a program that support the 350, to
my knowledge only Mplayer does and that's with a patch.  Using Mplayer
means you don't get DVD menus.

The PVR350 can not be used (at least not well) as a general purpose
framebuffer device.  Which means playing games, MPEG4 playback etc are
pretty much out of the question.

For the record:  I don't own a 350  (I decided not to buy one after
reading this list.) so all of the above is just from the numerous
messages on this list.