[mythtv-users] Re: rpms for mythtv 0.14

Axel Thimm Axel.Thimm at physik.fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 5 02:28:16 EST 2004

Hi Stefan,

On Wed, Feb 04, 2004 at 10:02:04PM +0100, Stefan van der Eijk wrote:
> Axel,
>
> Do you see a possibility to share the same source packages so the amount
> of duplicated work done on these packages can be minimized?

I didn't quite understand, what you meant, until I googled in your
name and saw lots of Mandrake references. :)

Yes, I would very much like to see the same src.rpms build on more rpm
platforms, especially Mandrake and SuSE.

I know Mandrake has different conventions for naming and versioning
devel packages, probably there are more differences. I believe this
can all be masked behind rpm macros.

Sounds like fun (and work).