[mythtv-users] OT but same as other myth setups

Patrick Reynolds reynolds at cs.duke.edu
Wed Feb 4 18:06:39 EST 2004

> Sorry if this is ot but I have googled and cant find anything even close
> and know others here are using the same Hardware.
> I have a new shuttle SK41G with an XP2400+ 512MB RAM and 80 Gig WD
> Drive.

I have the same Shuttle, CPU, and RAM, with no problems or tweaking of any
kind.  CPU, RAM, and disk were just whatever OEM stuff was cheapest on
NewEgg the day I bought them.  Audio, video (with TV out), network, USB,
and ACPI all worked without any problems.  The system runs well under 50
degC with full software encoding and decoding.  I'm on kernel 2.6.0, but
I've booted 2.4.23 happily at least once.

Which kernel version?  Which Linux distribution?  Which TV card?  Do you
have video other than the built-in S3 Savage?  Have you run 'memtest' to
check the memory and 'badblocks' to check the disk surface?  Is your
system running hot?

--Patrick