[mythtv-users] mythweb - recorded programs - no preview pic?

Malcolm mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Wed Feb 4 16:17:21 EST 2004

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Petersen" <lists at forevermore.net>
To: "Discussion about mythtv" <mythtv-users at mythtv.org>
Sent: Wednesday, February 04, 2004 10:19 AM
Subject: Re: [mythtv-users] mythweb - recorded programs - no preview pic?

> > been looking.  There's nothing in the README about image cache
> > preferences.  In fact the word "preferences" does not even exist in the
> > README.  I've been searching around in various config files etc. but I'm
not
> > finding it?  I'm not sure if I'm supposed to be finding this preference
in
> > the web interface or in a config file somewhere in /var/www/html/mythtv/
?

> I need more sleep..  "permissions" not "preferences"..   search for
> "cache" in the README.

Permissions are find.  Just to be sure I did "chmod -R 777
/var/www/html/mythtv/image_cache".

I then took it one step further and deleted the entire
/var/www/html/mythtv/* and reinstalled from scratch.

Once again it only created preview images for recordings I made prior to
upgrading to 0.14.  All recordings made after 0.14 have no preview picture.
So it can't be permissions because it put .png files in image_cache for
older recordings.  I assume it just copies the .png files from /var/video or
where ever you have MythTV configured to save your recordings?
Well looking in /var/video I only see .png files for older recordings.  All
recordings made in 0.14 do not have a related .png file.  At this point am I
to assume this is a MythTV issue and not a mythweb?  BTW - /var/video is
chmod 777.

Thanks
Malcolm