[mythtv-users] RE: Photos of myth boxes

Eloy A. Paris peloy at chapus.net
Wed Feb 4 14:29:01 EST 2004

"Ethan McDonald" <emcdonald at ionstorm.com> writes:

> What config do you set that in again?

I'm sorry, I don't understand - do you mean where you should specify
"-dpi 100"? If so the answer depends on how you start X and on the
distribution you are using. If you are using a display manager like xdm
or gdm, these have configuration files where you specify the command
line you'll use to start the X server, so you can add "-dpi 100" (or
whatever) there.

If you use startx, it's very distribution-specific, in my opinion. For
example, the startx script used by Debian looks for the user .xserverrc
file, then a system xserverrc file. You can add "-dpi 100" in one of
these files as well.

If you start X with xinit then you can add "-dpi 100" to the command in
~/.xserverrc that starts the X server.

In addition, both startx and xinit allow you to pass extra command line
switches intended for the server. So, you can do something like:

xinit -- -dpi 100

or

startx -- -dpi 100

I'd recommend that you:

- read startx and xinit manual pages.
- take a look at the startx script to see what it does.

HTH.

Eloy.-