[mythtv-users] Can't get good signal to TV

Wed Feb 4 14:09:52 EST 2004

> David Peach wrote:
>> nVidia driver 4496
>
> Use NVIDIA-Linux-x86-1.0-4363.run . This supports overscan
> and vsync. 4496 does not.

I have downgraged to 4346, but that did not help. If you do this, make
sure you downgrade nvidia-glx also. I guess that would have been obvious
to most people. But it did stump me for a few minutes.

I have tried every XF86Configuration that I have been able to find on the
Internet with no success.

As strange as this may sound, I am going to give it a try anyway. I am
going to a friend's house tomorrow to show off the Myth box. I am going to
try and hook up to his TV and see if I get any different output. Since I
have only one TV, I cannot test to see if it may be my TV that is the
problem instead of the card.

Is there anyone else out there running this card? I don't remember right
off, but I believe that it is the GeForce 2 chipset. The card is an STB
Velocity 4400.

Can anyone offer me a glimmer of hope that it might indeed be my TV at
fault? It is a Symphonic 19" that is 2 years old.

David