[mythtv-users] Newbie questions

Thomas Börkel thomas at boerkel.de
Wed Feb 4 08:39:18 EST 2004

HI!

jose rubio wrote:

>>I have read, that the PVR-350's MPEG2 decoder output has some
>>"limitations". What are they?
>
> Right now you can't use the 350's tv-out for DVD playing, game playing,
> or mythvideo.  It is my belief that the people at ivtv are working on
> the dvd and the video parts...

What about MythWeb?

Can I use the PVR-350 TV-out for watching recording and the GeForce
TV-out for games etc.?

> It's ok but you'll fill it up. (2.2 Gigs / hr. show)

Is the recorded video directly burnable to DVD?

>>If recording from analog TV, what bitrate do I need to get an MPEG2 that
>>is almost identical to the source? Thinking of the noisyness of analog
>>TV, I could think about 6 MBit or something.
>>

> Got me there.

With 2.2 GB/hr, you will have less. I think 6 MBit is more like 2.8 GB/hr).

Does it look the same as live TV if you are recording with 2.2 GB/hr?

Thomas