[mythtv-users] BBC THREE/FOUR

Kenneth Aafløy ke-aa at frisurf.no
Wed Feb 4 05:57:54 EST 2004

Hi,

Pete wrote:
> Does the card provide all the DVB Tables to Myth ?   I'm not
> a programmer, don't have a DVB Card, but I do understand DVB Tables.

Yes indeed it does.

> There should be a "running status" flag in either the SDT or
> EIT tables.  This should be de-active when BBC3 is off the
> air indicating to the decoder that it should not try to tune
> the service.  Myth could use this to display a message such
> as "not available at this time" ??
>
> Hope this helps.

Quote from 'Specification for SI' - ETSI EN 300 468:
"
The RST (see table 10) allows accurate and rapid updating of
the timing status of one or more events. This may be necessary
when an event starts early or late due to scheduling changes.
The use of a separate table enables fast updating mechanism
to be achieved.
"

I assume that you are reffering to the running_status field
of this table? Most providers (as far as I know) are not
activly updating this table, so the information in it is
close to useless =(

Anyways, this would not have solved tuning problems (lack
of signal, because then we never would have received it).

Kenneth