[mythtv-users] CPU Usage 100% on XP2100 capturing MPEG4 at 6000 BR 720x480

steve at nexusuk.org steve at nexusuk.org
Wed Feb 4 02:22:03 EST 2004

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004, Bruce wrote:

> Is this normal? I thought CPU usage for recording would be lower?

It could be that it's recently finished recording something and is doing
the commercial flagging - that will soak up any spare CPU.  However, my
Athlon XP 2000+ pegs the CPU if I'm capturing at 768x576 with all the
quality options turned on on the mpeg4 encoder.  I think expecting your
2100 to be able to do 720x480 mpeg4 encoding might be a bit much
(especially if you turned on the high quality options).

--

 - Steve                                             http://www.nexusuk.org/