[mythtv-users] Info on KWorld IR receiver cable

Gerald Gryschuk gerald.gryschuk at shaw.ca
Tue Feb 3 23:40:24 EST 2004

Here's a question that probably doesn't come up much but I'm hoping
someone knows the answer.

Does anyone know what the electrical assignments are on the mini-rca
jack of the IR receiver cable that comes with the KWorld KW-TV878RF-Pro
card?

I'm working on making a serial IR receiver for lirc and thought I'd
reuse the IR cable that came with my KWorld card. Seems reasonable to me
but apparently I need to know which of the 3 connections is which, go
figure. I'm told the very bottom is usually ground so I have a 50/50
shot with the other two(e.g which is power & which is data) but I don't
want to bet on those odds(yeah I'm a wimp).

Thanks.
--
Gerald Gryschuk <gerald.gryschuk at shaw.ca>