[mythtv-users] mythmusic with fedora/redhat

Alan Snyder ax763 at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 3 12:46:21 EST 2004

> Try one of:
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=<kernel-version>
> The following versions are available:
> · 2.4.19 — Linuxthreads with floating stacks
> · 2.2.5 — Linuxthreads without floating stacks
>
> like so:
>
> LD_ASSUME_KERNEL=2.2.5
> export LD_ASSUME_KERNEL
> mythfrontend

Can someone give a pointer to more complete information on this?

I have the same delayed response problem in FC1 with the
2.4.22-1.2115.nptl kernel.  What I found from a google search
was that LD_ASSSUME_KERNEL would tell the kernel not
to use the new Posix thread library because of a glibc
incompatibility.  But all of the information seems to say that
Java won't work, mplayer segfaults, etc with the wrong setting.
My *only* problem *seems* to be delayed key response in
mythmusic.  Of course I have an occasional network hang
that I've been blaming on Vortex drivers and an old 3COM
3C905 :).