[mythtv-users] RE: Photos of myth boxes

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Tue Feb 3 12:34:41 EST 2004

On Tue, 2004-02-03 at 17:31, Tony Caduto wrote:
> Peter,
> How are you interfacing to your plasma?
> I just got a 46 inch DLP samsung and when I hook up my box to the RGB or DVI
> connection the fonts in myth become super tiny.  You can even use the guide
> because it just so small.
> I tried changing the fonts but they have no effect.
> It only looks good through  svideo. The linux Desktop (kde) looks great with
> the DVI connection, but myth just looks really bad.

Set the display size in your X config file. This scales the fonts
according to dpi.

Note: The truth is not always the best bet here :-)
Try some values and see what you get.

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough