[mythtv-users] Re: Problem with MythTv 0.14 and bttv 0.9.12 (or kernel 2.6.1)!

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Mon Feb 2 23:35:55 EST 2004

On Feb 2, 2004, at 7:12 PM, gkanis at cems.umn.edu wrote:

> I was lucky. I managed to watch LiveTv with MythTv, but I do have some
> problems:
>
> 1) I am stiill getting messages when I run dmesg

Such as?

> 2) I am not able to use mouse when I run Mythfrontend to select the
> icons, I
> can move around with the keys, only.

That's how it always works.

> 3) When I select watch Tv, most of the times, the image is dark,
> difficult to
> watch Tv. If I change channel, the image is back to normal, however.

No clue what's going on there. However, for anyone to be of much help,
you need to include more details, like what capture card you're using,
what video output device you're using, whether you have Xv picture
controls enabled, etc... While you may have put some of that in a
might try to help read any of your prior messages (especially when you
were kinda spamming the list up... :-).

> 4) Finally, MythFrontend takes about 50% of CPU capacity. BTW, I have
> P4 at
> 2.4 Mhz. Is this normal.

When sitting idle? While playing back video? Using mpeg2, mpeg4, mpeg8?
While recording four streams at once? What video output device? Again,
more details required...

> DMA is enabled for the hdd I am using.

Good.

> I would also like to apologize for all my previous annoying emails. i
> had no
> intention to abuse the mailing list, I was just frustrated (not with
> you),
> with my TVCard, Linux, etc and with the fact that I could not use
> MythTv to
> watch,record my favourites movies.

Patience, grasshopper. ;-)

--