[mythtv-users] Wireless Keyboard Recomendations for Myth

Eric Westfall ewestfal at mailcan.com
Mon Feb 2 23:37:05 EST 2004

> Hi,
> I am in the market for a new keyboard for my mythbox, I currently have a
> logitech but it only has a range of about 6 feet and the reciever must be
> in the open.
> (no where on the box did it say what the range is)
>
> Basicly I am looking for a keyboard and optical mouse combo that is
> standard PS2 , I recently tried a gyration and it was DOA, could not sync
> with the reciever, even tried it on XP.
> It should also have more than a 15 foot range.
>
> I have bee researching on the net, but very few of the manufactures
> advertise the range of the units, so I am asking here.

I have an Acer Airkey which I really like

http://64.71.148.183/commerce/catalog/product.jsp?product_id=1152&czuid=1075781852616

It has a range up to 30 feet and works really well in my experience.
I've had it for about a year and a half.  The only issue is that you have
to have line of sight to its receiver.  It has built-in mouse
functionality with two buttons and a circular pad which you control with
your thumb.  Its a little hard to control at first but you get used to it
after awhile :)  Not sure if this is the kind of thing you're looking for
or not.

Hope that helps,
Eric
--