[mythtv-users] Why does scheduled recording steal my PVR card that's in use?

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Mon Feb 2 21:13:44 EST 2004

I have a 250 and a 350, mythtv0.14 and IVTV 0.1.9.

I'm watching channel 6 tonight (on the 350) and the second PVR card (250) is
doing nothing.  Suddenly it's time to record a program on channel 45.
Instead of grabbing the free PVR-250 that's doing nothing it just suddenly
changes the channel on the card I'm watching.  I hit Esc and it kicks me to
the mythfrontend.  I select TV and now I'm watching live TV again but this
time on the 250 while the 350 continues to record channel 45.

Why didn't it just grab the free card for recording?

Also I did some testing.  I'd schedule a recording on a different channel that
would start in a few minutes and sit and wait and see if it would kick my
screen over and sure enough it did.  BUT - sometimes when I hit "Esc" to exit
the viewing of the show it's recording it will also stop the scheduled
recording.

I always only had one PVR card prior to myth0.14 so I don't know if this is a
new issue or the same thing that's always been there.

Thanks
Malcolm