[mythtv-users] pcHDTV How to activate

Brandon Beattie bbeattie-maillist at linkexplorer.com
Mon Feb 2 11:32:06 EST 2004

Greetings,

 I'm often away for the weekends and don't see posts until the weekdays.
Lets see if I can clear a few things up and get you both on your ways.
The howto I wrote on pchdtv.com for Mythtv setup is a little aged.  The
good news is it's easier to setup than what is listed there.  The
database portions can be completely ignored.  Next, you can use mythweb
to configure the correct HDTV frequency so that the card's NTSC listing
will record from HDTV channels.

 Another good thing to note is someone posted a document for enabling
subchannels.  Basically they gave a new channel number (102) for the
second subchannel, 202 for the third, 302 for the next, etc.  I
personally have not done this because I don't bother with subchannels
right now.  You had to manually add entries into mysql but the person
posted how and it was very simple.  If that person (or someone who can
reference that post) please post that again?  I tried searching for it
but couldn't find it in my quick 2 minute search.

 As for the composite, the card has (some/most?) of the hardware to do
it but lacks atleast the connectors.  Yes, everyone has those items
listed in myth and no, noone uses them.

 If you have any other questions, let me know.

-Brandon