[mythtv-users] Hauppauge Media MVP as frontend?

zaphod at comcast.net zaphod at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 09:22:42 EST 2004

The ground work for this is being laid out in the SHS-PVR Forums:

http://www.shspvr.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=38

To date the loose set of tools that have been developed allow booting from a Linux server with NFS root filesystem, Microwindows based menuing, and MPEG/MP3 play support including NTSC, PAL, 16:9 . . .

Currently my MVP launches into a menu system that allows me to play Myth .nuv files cloaked by symbolic links as .mpg files.  Play back is pretty good and getting better as they tune the playback process.

Some of the features of the 0.14 release, including QT/Embedded and shared instead of static libraries may help making the frontend more suitiable for direct compile for the MVP.  In the end the there is only 32MB to work with and some of that is required for playback buffers to keep everything playing smooth.

-Eric