[mythtv-users] Controlling Navigo 305 (General Instruments DSR401MN)

Darron Froese darron at froese.org
Mon Feb 2 00:51:02 EST 2004

Howdy all,

I've got MythTV from CVS (from Jan 25) running on Mandrake 9.2 with a
WinTV-PVR-350. It was great to have it up and running for the Super
Bowl and Survivor tonight - that was fun.

I've got live tv pausing/rewinding, scheduled recording and the 350's
Composite Video out working great - thanks to IvanK and the TvOutHowto
- I have a one main question now:

How do I control my Starchoice satellite box and tell it to change the
channels?

I've got a serial cable hooked up to it and I've told mythsetup that
/usr/local/bin/ptune.pl is available - but no dice - nothing seems to
happen - I have to manually change the channel using our satellite
remote.

I've heard that the Actisys IR-200L can control it using lirc. Anyone
know where I can pick up one of those IR broadcasters in the Calgary,
Canada area?

I've also got an additional satellite receiver on the way - can I
control both of them with the same IR sender or do I need to get two of
them?

Thanks for any help.
--
darron froese