[mythtv-users] pcHDTV How to activate

Brian Foddy bfoddy at visi.com
Mon Feb 2 00:34:18 EST 2004

On Sunday 01 February 2004 04:41 pm, Brian Foddy wrote:
> I guess I'm just missing some dumb detail somewhere...

The more I look through the system, I'm just not seeing
anything like I expected...

A.  The database has no listing of my HD tv stations,
    or conversion of NTSC to HD, so how can it know
    what channels to tune to?  I can't even find the
    schema that could store this info.
B.  I tried creating a HD profile, but can't select it
    on a recording.  There isn't another flag I can see in
    the advanced recording page to select a HD recording.
C.  What about live TV in HD?  How do you select this?
D.  Conflict resolution for the HD tuner?

etc...  Other than the setup where I selected pcHDTV for
the device, and the ATSC/NTSC global flag, I don't see
anything HD related...  The web docs say
"no further configuration is required after setting up
the card using the 'setup' program"
So what am I missing?

Brian