[mythtv-users] dual tuner cards - ok to use same model?

Joe Votour joevph at yahoo.com
Mon Feb 2 00:14:14 EST 2004

Jarod,

I am considering replacing the WinTV dbx card with a
PVR-350 - my logic here is get the PVR-350 for the
extra TV-out capabilities.  If it doesn't work now,
surely it will later, although some of the limitations
I've seen posted do turn me off from using one (things
like issues with previews, MythGame, and the current
DVD//MythVideo playback).  I just need to wait for a
bit of disposable income.  :)

I did notice a posting on the MythTV mailing list that
indicates that MythGame won't work with the PVR-350's
TV-out.  At the moment, I don't use MythGame (I think
that I broke something when I deviated from your
HOWTO), but after I reinstall everything with Myth
0.14, I plan on using it.  I was using it before with
MythTV 0.12, back when I was building everything from
source, so I kind of got attached to it (mainly
xmame).  I know that you recently got a PVR-350, have
you had a chance to try out MythGame with it?

At the moment, I can't complain too much about the
nVidia GeForce 4 MX440 TV-out, it works.

So, time will tell, I guess, I'll probably put in a
PVR-350, worst case, I use it only as a PVR-250.

-- Joe

x-mac-type=70674453; name=PGP.sig