[mythtv-users] dual tuner cards - ok to use same model?

Jarod C. Wilson jcw at wilsonet.com
Sun Feb 1 22:58:57 EST 2004

On Feb 1, 2004, at 5:37 PM, Mike Jasper wrote:

> I'd like to build a MythTV box with dual tuner cards.  I've read
> through the archives about the difficulties with PVR-350 TV-out

It isn't too hard to set up, but it isn't entirely stable yet, and you
can't yet use all mythtv features on the 350's output.

> so I'll probably stick with dual PVR-250s and use onboard video or an
> AGP card for TV-out.  Will there be any problem with using two of the
> same model card in the system?

Definitely not.

> I see that Jarod used two different brands in his Fedora box.

The M179's were $50 on eBay, so I picked two of them up. But they don't
have IR inputs, while the 250 and 350 do, thus I have the 250 and an
M179 in the box so I can use a remote.

> If there is a cheaper and better solution than using dual PVR-250s,
> I'm all ears.

M179 or PVR-250 OEM versions, both of which have no IR input. Or one
250, one M179 or OEM 250.

> PS - Jarod and Rolando, thanks for your input on my previous question.

No problem.

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE

Got a question? Read this first...