[mythtv-users] State of mythfrontend on XBOX?

Dennis Cartier pvr at trigger.net
Sun Feb 1 22:28:50 EST 2004

Jeff Noxon wrote:

> Would someone mind summarizing the current usability state of mythfrontend
> on xbox-linux?
>
> If I recall from months past, there were issues with the xbox not being
> fast enough to play back MPEG2 as captured by a PVR250.  I believe
> it was speculated that motion compensation support would fix that.
> Is that still an issue?

The speed is fine for MPEG2 from a PVR-250. I run mine at 640 x 480.

My version of Myth for the xbox is starting to get pretty long in the
tooth. I will be starting a new one shortly now that 0.14 is out. I will
be making the 0.14 progfs available to people still using my 0.3 version
until I have the new version ready (assuming I can get 0.14 to compile
right ;(

Dennis