[mythtv-users] skip ahead skips back the first time pressed, mythtv 0.14

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Sun Feb 1 18:23:21 EST 2004

> I'm not using PAL.  I'm in the USA and using NTSC.  Prior to upgrading to
> Mythtv 0.14 I was on 0.13 and I didn't notice the skip back error while using
> my PVR-350.  I only had my PVR-350 TV out working for about 1 day with 0.13
> so I may have just missed it but I don't think so.  The only thing I did was
> upgrade to 0.14 and update the few modules I use and I noticed that error
> almost right away after upgrading.

I have seen this behavior with 0.13/NTSC.  Sometime while watching a
recording, pressing ff actually skips back to the last point I had used
the back key at. I know that doesn't make sense, so let me illustrate:

Watching Star Trek a commercial comes on.  I skip through the
commercials by pressing the ff key (right arrow).  I continue watching.
  A commercial comes on again.  I press the ff key and it skips back to
the point at which I started to watch the episode again before.