[mythtv-users] is playing a DVD supposed to peg the CPU with a PVR-350?

malcolm-mythtv mythtv at lds.dyndns.org
Sun Feb 1 17:13:08 EST 2004

I just got a DVD-Rom and added the DVD-Module.  I'm trying to play Finding
Nemo and the picture is a little jerky, CPU is pegged at 100% usage (top
reports X to be the biggest offender).  When I play live TV or a recording my
CPU is at 97% idle.
BTW I'm using Xine as the player.  Is this behavior normal?  I thought the
PVR-350 would decode the DVD and have little to no CPU usage?  This is on a
2.4 Ghz Celeron.

Thanks
Malcolm