[mythtv-users] skip ahead skips back the first time pressed, mythtv 0.14

Torsten Schenkel torsten.schenkel at web.de
Sun Feb 1 17:09:19 EST 2004

Am So, den 01.02.2004 schrieb malcolm-mythtv um 22:14:
> I just upgraded to mythtv 0.14 today (using ivtv 0.1.9 with a pvr-250 and a
> pvr-350).
>
> I was watching TV about a minute or two behind real time and then I pressed
> the right arrow key.  It jumped back instead of forward.  I pressed the right
> arrow a few more times and it jumped forward these times.  A while later I
> tried again and the same thing happened.  First press jumped back and
> subsequent presses went forward.
>
> Then later while watching TV at real time (well about 1 to 3 sec lag) I
> pressed the right arrow key to try and skip forward.  At that point it jumped
> back about 30 seconds and the OSD showed %full as 101.95% and would not allow
> me to pause.  Yet the line above shows I'm only about 3 to 5 seconds behind
> real time.  It also won't allow me to skip back or forward at this point.
> Exiting the frontend and going back in fixes it.
>
> I'll point out I only noticed this behavior after watching TV for a while.  As
> soon as you start watching TV the skip ahead works fine.  Leave it running
> awhile and you get what I described above.

Ah no, is this broken again?

You're using the pvr350's decoder in PAL?

That's a bug that was fixed a while ago after it has finally been hunted
down to the keyframe distance being hardcoded to NTSC standard. Since
the PVR output calculates the position in the stream from this number it
would be of by about 1/5th for PAL. That is 1/5 of the time after the
last seek.

Search the archives for the last thread. It was something along the
lines of "Wrong time in OSD" or similar.

Since when do you use mythtv with the pvr350? Did you notice it with
prior versions? Did you change anything related to the drivers?

Make sure you are using the right PAL options!

options ivtv ivtv_debug=1 ivtv_pal=1
options saa7127 enable_output=1 output_select=0 pal=1

HTH,

Torsten
--
Walkthrough: MythTV on Epia with PVR350 using Debian:
http://www-isl.mach.uni-karlsruhe.de/~hi93/myth/mythtv_debian_epia_pvr350_walkthrough