[mythtv-users] sleep & wakeup

Henk Poley hpoley at dds.nl
Sun Feb 1 08:05:51 EST 2004

> Van: Michael Schmidt <crashedpixels at gmx.de>
>
>> You simply have to quit your FE and then the scheduler
>> decides when to shutdown. I made this by design.
>
> I also noticed that. And since the shutdown button is gone it's my
> prefered way to shutdown. I still have one problem though:
> How do you make your box shutdown again after it came alive for a
> recording?

What about a 'Disconnect from backend'-button on the stop-frontend-page?
That way you are still in the frontend, which will reconnect when ask for
it (in time), and the backend can schedule a shutdown as normal.

Else somebody would need to create a frontend-wrapper so the looks don't
change when you stop the frontend.

>> The docs for the Shutdown/Wakeup mechanism are kind of ready.
>> I'll submit them today or tomorrow after Jon had a quick look at
>> them.
>
> Cool. I'd like to have a look at it. Where can I find your docs?

Yes, I'd like to see these too.

	Henk Poley <><