[mythtv-users] bobdeint as output filter?

Joe Barnhart joebarnhart at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 31 16:44:53 UTC 2004

--- Kyle Rose <krose+mythtv at krose.org> wrote:

> I'm confused as to why you're using a deinterlacer
> for 1080i input on
> a native 1080i set.

I'm just "shotgunning" anything that might make my
HDTV look more "HD".  720p material in particular
looks bad on my set.  The scaling is poor and produces
stair-step artifacts that are quite distracting on
material like football games.  1080i is mostly good,
but not as good as a settop OTA receiver box.

I'm using Xv on nVidia with 6111 driver.  My modeline
is 1080i and seems to work judging by the UI (both
myth and window manager).