[mythtv-users] Audio sync trouble with DVD export

John Goerzen jgoerzen at complete.org
Fri Dec 31 02:37:48 UTC 2004

Hi,

I've got PVR-250 MPEG-2 files that I'd like to burn to DVD without
re-transcoding.

I've tried every recipe I can find, both with avidemux2 and without,
including both at http://www.mythtv.org/docs/mythtv-HOWTO-21.html and
the one on the Wiki.

Every single one of them results in the same problem:

The beginning of the generated DVD will be fine.  By the time I reach
the end of a 1-hour program, the audio will be about 2-3 seconds
behind the video.

mplayer can play the original .nuv fine.  Upon investigation, looking
at the re-multiplexed mpeg-2 file that is generated immediately before
the dvdauthor step in all the scenarios, mplayer does exhibit the same
behavior there.

Any ideas?

thanks,
John