[mythtv-users] directfb working, how ot setup mythtv to use ist

h.engemann h.engemann at basicartstudios.de
Thu Dec 30 17:44:25 UTC 2004

Hi,
the topic says it.
i habe a directfb output and now try to configure mythtv to use it.
I tried the bglug.ca method, but the picture never has been that good as
with directfb.
I found a post in this list:
-----
You are better off running X on the board. Things look better than
running
the QT/Embedded version and the latest drivers probably wont support QT/E.
Also things like using mplayer or any other X app wont work that way either.

I started off running it this way but it really isn't worth the effort.
If you do try this approach you don't need DirectFB support because you use
the built in 350 output for playing back recordings.
-----

so are there any other methods getting a good looking TV out on the Matrox G450?

thx