[mythtv-users] TAO Linux?

Michael Starks mythtv at michaelstarks.com
Thu Dec 30 16:29:54 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-30 at 16:16 +0100, Hugo van der Kooij wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How much of the packages are ready to go for Red Hat Enterprise Linux 3.0?
>
> I started of with FC3 only because Jarod's guide made it look like a
> jiffy.
>
> However I am not that big a fan of the short lifespan of Fedora Core sets.
> So I have used TAO linux for a number of installations. This is in effect
> a RHEL 3.0 clone with the advantage of having the long lifespan.

I know what you mean about Fedora.  I have been thinking of switching to
a different distro because of that.

I haven't tried Myth on an Enterprise III system, but I can tell you
that I help to administer some EIII servers, and that they don't seem
much different than RH9.0 and Fedora Core II.  I bet it would work fine.