[mythtv-users] Fwd: PVR-350 performance question

Drew Bernat abernat at zathras.net
Thu Dec 30 04:13:12 UTC 2004

I haven't enabled the hardware output, for two reasons. First, I have a
stack of mpeg4 files left from when I used software encoding. Second,
it freezes if I do so :) (well, black screen... don't know if the
machine freezes).

Theoretically, you can use the frame buffer just for the TV output
conversion... that's what I'd like to do.

Drew

On Dec 29, 2004, at 7:54 PM, Rudy Zijlstra wrote:

> Drew Bernat wrote:
>
>> I just switched from a GF2MX to a PVR-350 for TV out. The quality is
>> much higher, but I'm having trouble with choppiness in the playback.
>> It's pretty good, but has a noticeable chop.
>>
>> I'm running a 1600MHz Athlon, 256MB of memory, playing MPEG4 files.
>> IVTV 0.3.2a, X with framebuffer module. Top shows ~40% CPU usage
>> playing the files, and ~46% idle. Is there any way to speed up the
>> use of the frame buffer?
>>
>> Drew
>
> Have you enabled PVR-350 output in setup?
>
> Rudy

Drew Bernat
Paradyn Project                                                  __ ____
bernat at cs.wisc.edu                                                |  | |