[mythtv-users] Re: Pvr-350 - Do the menus work on tvout

John Van Ostrand john at netdirect.ca
Thu Dec 30 01:21:52 UTC 2004

I'm using the 0.3.2a driver from http://ivtv.no-ip.com.

I had to comment out the lines mentioned in

I'm using the firmware downloaded from the hauppauge web site (the inf
file for Windows contains this, use ivtv's ivtvfwextract.pl on the
file). A strings shows that the version of ivtv-fw-dec.bin is 2.02.023
and ivtv-fw-enc.bin is 2.05.032.

I also saw a hang when starting X. My system didn't hang but X did and
could not be killed.

The workaround I found is not pretty but I put this in the rc.local file
so it would run at startup:

modprobe ivtv-fb

# Change screen from green
ivtvctl -j reg=0x6c,val=0xfa -d /dev/video16
# Set video to NTSC
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -u 0x3000
# Set input to the tuner
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -p 4
# Set screen resolution
/usr/bin/ivtvctl -f width=720,height=480
sleep 3
/usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -alpha -on -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
dd if=/dev/video0 of=/dev/video16 bs=64k count=100
sleep 3

/usr/bin/ivtvfbctl /dev/fb1 -globalalpha -nolocalalpha
# Reload firmware, this solves the double screen problem
/usr/bin/ivtvctl --reload
sleep 3