[mythtv-users] yum Dependancy

Jarod Wilson jarod at wilsonet.com
Thu Dec 30 00:20:09 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 16:10, Frostykev wrote:
> So, it looks like only yum was uninstalled:
>
> # apt-get remove yum
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   yum
> 0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 1 removed and 164 not
> upgraded.
> Need to get 0B of archives.
> After unpacking 654kB disk space will be freed.
> Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
> Committing changes...
> Preparing...
> ########################################### [100%]
> Done.
>
> however, during the update:
> # apt-get update && apt-get dist-upgrade
> it removes:
>
> The following packages will be REMOVED:
>   atrpms-kickstart
>
> So here is where I am:
> Yum uninstalled, since it errors out earlier.
> apt-get no longer works.
>
> Should I just use fedora's update tool?  Or try to
> keep folllowing the guide?  Or should I wait a little
> while to see if the rpms get updated so they don't
> have this dependancy problem?
>
> Or, did I miss something in the FC3 install?

Remove yum, then apt-get update, then apt-get install apt, and I believe all
should be well from there out. Not sure why the kickstart is getting removed
without replacing it with apt, that's what the normal behavior is... I'm
working on a bare-metal box of my own tonight, I'll see what I run into...

--
Jarod C. Wilson, RHCE
jarod at wilsonet.com

Got a question? Read this first...