[mythtv-users] Erratic seeking

Jay R. Ashworth jra at baylink.com
Wed Dec 29 23:16:35 UTC 2004

On Wed, Dec 29, 2004 at 03:53:06PM +0000, Andy Marriott wrote:
> I've recently updated my myth install and i've found that all the
> subsequent recordings don't seek properly. It seems seeking either
> forwards or backwards lands me in a seemingly random position. Old
> recordings don't seem to suffer from this so I can only assume something
> has broken in subsequent updates. I've run mythcommflag --rebuild --all
> but that doesn't seem to do anything.

You might try whacking the appropriate rows in recordedmarkup, then
rerunning mythcommflag.  This shouldn't work, but it did for me last
night.  I'm not entirely certain what constitute "the approriate rows";
I whacked everything for the program in question.

Cheers,
-- jra

      If you can read this... thank a system adminstrator.  Or two.  --me