[mythtv-users] menu speed

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 29 21:21:07 UTC 2004

On Wednesday 29 December 2004 2:43 pm, Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> The graphics card is very important. You haven't mentioned what
> kind of hardware you're using other than the relatively slow
> P2-450.  Please post your specs, driver versions, etc. related to
> your video hardware.

I don't see how the graphics adaptor makes a significant difference
when I'm only navigating the menus -- not watching tv or a dvd.

The computer I'm testing mythtv on is a p2-450 (386 MB) with a nVidia
RIVA TNT2 (32 MB) graphics adaptor.  I'm running XFree86 4.3.0 from
Debian's current sid distribution with the nv driver.  This box acts
as a small server and I never intended on using it with mythtv.  I'm
just using it to test mythtv while I'm home for the holidays.

In a week or so, I'm switching to another computer.  It's a p3-800
(512 MB) with an ATI Radeon 9700 Pro AIW (128 MB) and I'll probably
use ATI's binary driver with the same version of XFree86.  I have a
PVR-500 on order and I'm hoping to use a DVI->HDMI cable to connect
to my HDTV.

-Paul