[mythtv-users] menu speed

Paul Miller paul at pinheiro.dyndns.org
Wed Dec 29 20:29:25 UTC 2004

I just tried mythtv with no window manager and I did notice a slight
improvement, but it is still quite a bit slower than I'd like...

Going through the program guide is very slow.

Launching the weather plugin takes about 20 seconds and another 10
seconds for retrieving the weather data.

How much does the graphics card effect performance for menu-only
functions (no tv, dvd, etc.)?   The menus display quickly, but take
awhile to switch to another menu.

-Paul