[mythtv-users] Re: nvidia fx5200 help please badly needed

Brandon Beattie brandon+myth at linuxis.us
Wed Dec 29 15:40:23 UTC 2004

On Tue, Dec 28, 2004 at 05:46:26PM -0500, Isaac Richards wrote:
> On Tuesday 28 December 2004 05:18 pm, Brandon Beattie wrote:
> > > Not really sure, from reading the list the obvious ones are a B&W on
> > > screen display and other OSD related issues.
> >
> > The OSD is not B&W any longer for XvMC on NVidia cards.
>
> Since when?
>
> Isaac

For the past, oh 4 months.  Maybe it's just the blue theme, and yes I'm
100% sure I'm using XvMC.  If I remember right, the limitation was two
colors.  My OSD is either white and blue or yellow and blue, but I'll
have to check.  I've disabled it for the last month to stop the frontend
crashing when I seek in HD streams.  (The other option was to hit esc
before the OSD tried to fade out, as that appears to be what causes the
video buffers in the nvidia cards to get filled and not release for more
frames to be drawn.

--Brandon