[mythtv-users] Crash on network transfer?

Chris Lynch tsw at one.net
Wed Dec 29 14:22:38 UTC 2004

Hello all,

Hopefully someone can give me some ideas, as this is driving me crazy.  I'm
running FC3 and installed per Jarod's instructions and I've got this nagging
problem.  Whenever I transfer files on my local network to/from the box, it
crashes dead in its tracks.  I can SSH/browse/wget on the box without issue
- it seems to only happen when I transfer a file that takes a lot of
bandwidth (things that do less than a few megs per second don't seem to
cause the issue to happen).  At first, I thought, it must be the network
card so tonight I put in a DLink Gigabit card (DGE-530T) and got the same
results.  So any time I try to use another frontend/machine to watch movies
on that box I get a hard crash...

My interrupts look like this (nothing looks too wrong to me):
  0:     429970          XT-PIC  timer
  1:         10          XT-PIC  i8042
  2:          0          XT-PIC  cascade
  5:          0          XT-PIC  ivtv: iTVC15/16 mpg2 encoder chip
  8:          1          XT-PIC  rtc
  9:       3425          XT-PIC  SysKonnect SK-98xx
 10:      13312          XT-PIC  ide2
 11:      24724          XT-PIC  EMU10K1, nvidia
 12:         92          XT-PIC  i8042
 14:       2162          XT-PIC  ide0

Does anyone have any ideas as to where I could look?  I looked in the logs
and did see something that happened that looked a little strange, but I'm
far too much of a newbie on the Linux side to know what it's pointing
towards.

Many thanks,

Chris