[mythtv-users] yum Dependancy

Chris Petersen lists at forevermore.net
Wed Dec 29 07:56:30 UTC 2004

> apt-get remove yum
> I did this because I read that mythtv doesn't need yum to operate, am I correct or not on that assumption?

Correct.  apt and yum provide the same functionality, albeit in slightly
different ways.  You only need one or the other.

> When I get to apt-get install kernal#2.6.9-1.681_FC3 I'm in trouble,
> says no such directory or filename.  To be exact:

Did you happen to read what else got removed when you uninstalled yum?
Apt and yum share dependencies in atrpms, and maybe apt decided that it
needed to remove itself, too.

-Chris