[mythtv-users] mythtvsetup: command not found error

George Lopez geokimlopez at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 28 22:36:25 UTC 2004

hoping to get some response since my Mythbox is
currently sitting idle.  I am not sure where I went
wrong, my video capture
works perfectly (with Audio and Video) but I cannot
get mythtvsetup to work. I get an error saying
"command not found" I have done an apt-get update
(results below) and was not successful. I searched
the mail-list and saw one posting regarding updating
the db and this is what I got:
[root at localhost root]# updatedb
[root at localhost root]# locate mythtvsetup
[root at localhost root]# mythtvsetup
bash: mythtvsetup: command not found
[root at localhost root]#

I am running FC1, on a P4, 2.4GHz, NVidia card in USA
(I will eventually have the box controlling my DirecTV

receiver). I tried to install mythtv-suite and got
dependency issues with mythdvd, so I installed module
by module. Maybe I did something wrong there. Is
there something I should change in my sources.list
file? I am so, so close to having my wife happy.
Please help.

[root at localhost root]# apt-get update
Get:1 http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386 release
Ign http://rpms.subpop.net fedora/linux/1/i386 release

Ign http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386
Get:2 http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386 release

Get:13 http://apt.sw.be dries/fedora/fc1/i386 release
Fetched 16.3kB in 7s (2093B/s)
Hit http://freshrpms.atrpms.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/freshrpms pkglist

Hit http://newrpms.atrpms.net
redhat/en/i386/fc1/newrpms release
Err http://download.fedoralegacy.org
fedora/1/i386/updates pkglist
Could not resolve 'download.fedoralegacy.org'
Err http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable
Could not resolve 'apt.atrpms.net'
Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386/planetcore

Hit http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386/gst

Ign http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org fedora/1/i386/gst

Err http://rpms.subpop.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/production pkglist
404 Not Found
Ign http://rpms.subpop.net
fedora/linux/1/i386/production release
Hit http://ccrma.stanford.edu fedora/1/i386/planetcore

Hit http://apt.atrpms.net fedora/1/en/i386/at-stable
Failed to fetch

Could not resolve 'downloa d.fedoralegacy.org'
Failed to fetch

Could not resolve 'apt.atrpms.net'
Failed to fetch

404 Not Found
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been

ignored, or old ones used instead.
[root at localhost root]# apt-get install mythtv
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
mythtv is already the newest version.
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 removed and 43 not
[root at localhost root]# mythtvsetup
bash: mythtvsetup: command not found
[root at localhost root]#

Do you Yahoo!?