[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV OUT stability - scrap PVR playback?

Derek Conniffe derek at rivertower.ie
Tue Dec 28 20:12:16 UTC 2004

Actually I've been using mythvideo and  playing lots of old MPEG1 MPEGS that
I made from DVDs in the past (for VCDs) - I was surprised (but happy) that
the PVR 350 will play MPEG1 as well as MPEG2 files (I had to set mythtv as
the program to stream the files rather than mplayer).  Is there no way to
decrypt DVDs into plain MPEG2 for the PVR350 TV out?

So far I do think that the PVR350 is great (no problem for my feeble PIII
500Mhz mythtv box) - if only I could solve my constant hanging problems
(IVTV hanging I think)

Derek