[mythtv-users] PVR350 TV OUT stability - scrap PVR playback?

Tue Dec 28 01:56:24 UTC 2004

Derek,

I would suggest upgrading to FC2 or FC3. Jarod's guide is excellent.

Perhaps its the kernel 2.6 drivers which give better stability?

I am using a PVR-350 and find the play stability to be excellent - the
frontend crashes every now and again (like once a fortnight) if I jump back
and forward lots and lots whilst watching video - but the backend is stable
as a rock - I mean it - it never stops!

The tv-out quality I have seen from the PVR-350  is still above all of the
other TV out cards I have seen.

When you are installing Fedora Core 2/3 dont forget to put "vga=792" in your
kernel boot options!

Its nice and easy to do it all from RPM so all you need is "apt-get upgrade"
to upgrade your packages.

Michael.