[mythtv-users] Re: How do you clear a Transaction Check Error?

Ian Forde ian at duckland.org
Mon Dec 27 05:57:43 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-12-26 at 20:27 -0800, Chuck Rice wrote:
> >Looks like the bug in yum is still there ... :/
> >
> >Please use apt.
>
> The full output from apt-get is rather large, I can send it if you
> want. But it starts with:

<snip>

I just went through the same thing.  I ended up using smart instead.  I
didn't get all of the packages, and I had to do quite a bit of hacking
to get things to work.  (3 days and counting.)  I've found a few things
that are broken on FC3 x86_64 so far:

1. Mythmusic won't compile due to goom
2. Mythvideo crashes the frontend when you enter List Mode
3. Ivtv started spitting up TONS of errors when the card(s) start to
capture
4. MythTivo broke (that was a simple fix though.)
5. ALSA went *completely* south on me.  I no longer have AC3 from my
SBLive.
6. Xv doesn't seem to be playing nice with mplayer.
7. The kernel doesn't seem to want to autoload modules anymore.
Specifically, ALSA.

So far, I've fixed 3, 4, and part of 5.  I'm hoping for some relief for
1 and 2.  6 is probably tomorrow's problem.  And 7 has got me stumped.

	-Ian