[mythtv-users] Problem: Jitter/jumps and no menus

Soren Pingel Dalsgaard spd at mjolner.dk
Sun Dec 26 02:55:20 UTC 2004

Having finally installed my PVR-350 and getting a nice image on my tv
I am facing two problems. I have searched the archives with no luck -
if this has been dealt with before please point me in the right
direction - thanks

1) The picture is jumpy / jittery /jerky. It makes a brief pause once
   or twice per second. This was also true when I had the picture on
   my monitor

2) There are no menus on the tv - pressing 'm' appears to do nothing.

I am runinnig gentoo linux and have tried various versions of ivtv
(0.3.2a is the only version that locks up). My PVR-350 is brand new -
could this be a new bug in a new chip?

Best regards,
  Søren Pingel Dalsgaard