[mythtv-users] OT: Second SATA on Promise 376 controller? (Happy holidays!)

GERALD SCHEPENS schepens at shaw.ca
Sat Dec 25 20:26:42 UTC 2004

I have an Asus P4PE motherboard with a built-in Promise 376 SATA controller.  I boot off an SATA drive but I need more space!  Does anybody know if I can run a second drive in a non-RAID mode off this controller?  I just want to add another couple hundred gigs without having to totally reformat, etc.

Also, can a person take a non-LVM'd drive such as mine is currently and begin using LVM with it and another drive, again without wiping the existing disk?

And finally, happy holidays!