[mythtv-users] Good news for pcHDTV folks - new drivers out today

Steve Frank steve.frank at bevcore.com
Fri Dec 24 19:39:01 UTC 2004

I installed the 1.5 drivers yesterday.

I did the same thing the previous version's readme did.  I untarred it,
put ran make, make install, and minstall. They work fine for me, though
I'm on an older 2.6 kernel with my PCHDTV box.

I did not build a custom kernel. I'm using a stock FC3 kernel.

I did have to mess with UDEV entries to get it to work on boot.
Technically the minstall script doesn't quite work right for FC3.

For me, the new driver works about the same without so many console
warnings.  I have not tried working them into an install with ivyTV
drivers, as this box isn't going to touch my production mythbox until I
figure out why audio isn't working consistently, a problem I've had for
a while. :-)